Capt.American

Default Wondering at sea

You see strange things at sea. Some are more wonderious than others.
You dont wonder much where that tar ball came from, ya know it's a
product of the shipping industry. If you see rubber ducks or tennis
balls or flip flops most likey its spilled cargo, Heart shaped
seabeans from the amazon, glass fishing floats from Japan, fenders,
boathooks, cushions, plastic............. .

But a few things had me wondering for hours. The first was a Rose. A
very red crisom rose, I saw it far off the bow in a swell and grabbed
it with a fish net. 300 miles to the nearest land, and this rose
looked fresh as the day it was picked. I had 100's of ideals where it
came from. She threw it overboard? Dropped it in a passionate embrace
? Gave it to the sea, He tossed em, burial at sea ect...ect....ect.

The contrast of that bright red soft velvet rose to my dull hard white
cockpit, and the blue sea and sky was weird. It was stunning,
sparkling with salt, and almost an ultraviolet purple glow around the
edges. The rose did not last long onboard, beaten apart by the
bitterends while trimming, wilting in the sun.

This rose could survive the N. pacific but sailing was to much to
bare.

Then came the arm. At first I thought sharks! it was in a flosum line
covered with seaweed. It was a manicans arm made of hard plastic, hand
and all.

Whats with that?

Capt. American