Keyser Söze[_3_] Keyser Söze[_3_] is offline

Default I see the market

On 11/9/20 9:35 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 9 Nov 2020 14:57:50 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 11/9/20 2:35 PM, Wayne B wrote:
On Mon, 9 Nov 2020 12:48:30 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

"Justan O." Wrote in message:r
Likes Biden. I'm glad I didn't pull my investments and put them in cash. Let's turn lemons into lemonade. That is if you have any. Got it Fat Harry?

My energy stock is up 30% today. This is crazy. Whats going on?

===

Energy stocks have been depressed this year largely because of greatly
reduced travel plans and the "work from home" trend. The vaccine news
is being taken as a big step in the right direction for returning to
normal. Let's hope.

I wonder how much "business meeting travel" will recover. I know it will
come back, but with the vast improvement in meeting software and the
tons of $$$ it saves, I'd bet corporate planning doesn't get back to its
previous spending level for meetings.

I suspect you are right, at least for middle management. The senior
guys still like a nice trip to an exotic place on the company dime
tho.
I also think we will see more "work from home" going on although that
is not really new. IBM was pushing people out of the office 25 years
ago and laying off the support staff. This just gave some companies a
better chance to try it out.

Most of the headquarters employees where my wife works are working from
home, and it is possible because of decent video teleconferencing
software, VPN, telephones, and the usual internet facilities. The union
held its DOL-manadated five year convention in September via video
teleconferencing, and it worked out pretty well. Regional meetings are
being held that way, and so are training seminars. I don't have any idea
what the group's annual meeting budget is, but obviously many dollars
are not being spent on travel, hotels, banquets, et cetera. I really
wonder if the group will return to its "normal" travel schedule once the
virus is under control and air travel goes back to its normal terrible
experience.

--
*Expand the Supreme Court!*