Keyser Söze[_3_] Keyser Söze[_3_] is offline

Default Where's The John hiding.

On 11/9/20 10:39 AM, Justan O. wrote:
On 11/9/20 7:56 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/8/20 8:59 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 8 Nov 2020 19:14:26 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 11/8/20 6:14 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 8 Nov 2020 10:18:16 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 11/8/20 9:56 AM, Tim wrote:

Just some gee whiz info
https://www.historynet.com/whats-your-number.htm

I would have been over 200 but by then I was 13 months from being
discharged from a 6 year enlistment.

There was a local kid who inlisted and served a tourthen was duly
discharged.Â* 4 months later he got a draft notice. LOL

I'm sure I would remember my lottery number if whatever number I had
resulted in me being called in for that pre-induction physical. I
don't
even remember getting a number. I assume you found out from a letter
sent by either a federal agency or the local draft board. I think I
remember getting a letter my senior year of high school that said
I had
to register for the draft but I never received any communication
once my
draft status was 2-S, so I never had to get a friendly doctor write a
letter for me that claimed I was suffering from "bone spurs."Â*

So you just stayed II-S until you were too old. That makes sense.
The lottery was in Dec 1969 so you missed it if you were born 1943 or
earlier.

I don't know if I "stayed" II-S. All I know is that while I kept my
draft board in New Haven apprised of my whereabouts, it never contacted
me. I can only assume if the board had something to tell me, it would
have reached out and mailed me a letter or a notice. It never did.

If your status changed, you would have received another card ...
assuming they really had your address. They found me within a month or
so of leaving school and sent me another card. I was in boot camp as I
recall (maybe FT school). I suppose if your last university never
contacted Selective Service on your departure, you might have stayed
II-S.

I had a couple of postal return receipts I kept for a few years after
the draft ended, so I know the board got my changes of address. As to
my draft status, as I said, I don't know, since I wasn't contacted.
We're talking about a minor signpost of life that took place about 50
years ago, and it wasn't important enough for me to remember many
details. I mean, really...getting into Bonnie Sue's panties at the
Bowl Drive In Theater when I was a young teen was important and I
remember everything about it, but not being drafted? Not so much.

--
*Expand the Supreme Court!*

You kept those receipts as momentos? Right. You were afraid that one
mistake
would have you wearing green. You should have taken into account that the
Selective Service was SELECTIVE. YOU NEEDENT HAVE WORRIED ABOUT BEING
SELECTED. you're a coward, remember?

I guess I forgot...when do your adult kids get released from prison?
--
*Expand the Supreme Court!*