Simple Simon

Default Alien Sail

Sometimes I find myself agreeing with you. Practice makes
perfect. Why ignore practice and end up having sloppy
habits? Make all aspects of sailing second nature, do it
right and do it often. There is no better prescription.

I'm surprised poor Ole Thom hasn't learned this golden
rule after all his years of sailing. It just goes to show that
even sloppy sailors can have some success at it.

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message news
I'd agree, but its still useful to observe the amount of set on the compass. If you don't
practice in daylight, how do you know how to do it in the haze?

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Oh, come on Neal,

You're pushing it. In clear daylight on similar waters, if you're being
set you tack. The compass doesn't prevent being set. Line of sight is a
better technic than compass offset.

OT