Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Thank God Im a Canadian!

True North wrote:
On Friday, 6 November 2020 at 10:10:48 UTC-4, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 11/6/20 8:31 AM, True North wrote:
Elections Canada is getting lots of love these days from people who
appreciate our old school procedure.
They still use the old lead pencil on a paper ballot system. Voting
stations are set up with a folding card table and a cardboard divider
on top to give the minimal privacy required for civilized people.

Unbelievable how a progressive country like the US can have so many
various systems. A federal election should use the same procedures coast to coast.

Oh yeah....we know by the time we go to bed on election night who is
the winner. This in a larger country than the US and with a fraction of the resources.

I agree. We use paper ballots here in Maryland, and once the ballot is
marked by the voter, it is fed into a scanner. The paper ballots are
saved. We have simple voting stations, too.

I also agree that the voting rules for federal elections should be
uniform throughout the country. Early voting should be available at
convenient governmental sites beginning a month before the election, and
mail-in ballots should be acceptable so long as they are postmarked
before or on the day of election and are received within a week of the
election or maybe 10 days for overseas military voters.

--
*Expand the Supreme Court!*

No erasers on those pencils. We don't tend to make many mistakes.

The vote counters got erasures. Rubbers to you Canadian’s. Which may be
an appropriate term.