Default Thank God Im a Canadian!

On Fri, 6 Nov 2020 05:31:54 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

Elections Canada is getting lots of love these days from people who appreciate our old school procedure.
They still use the old lead pencil on a paper ballot system. Voting stations are set up with a folding card table and a cardboard divider on top to give the minimal privacy required for civilized people.

Unbelievable how a progressive country like the US can have so many various systems. A federal election should use the same procedures coast to coast.

Oh yeah....we know by the time we go to bed on election night who is the winner. This in a larger country than the US and with a fraction of the resources.

That is basically the same voting system we have in Florida but it
needs to be a permanent mark, not a pencil.
The problem that is slowing down the count is those democrat states
who have to give their voters extra dispensation because they can't
follow simple directions and get their votes in time. Washington state
will still accept mail in ballots 20 days after the election and
California is 17.

I suppose you don't have mail in voting.

Florida had a final total before I went to bed on election night but
we were smart enough to count the mail in ballots as received and not
wait until the polls closed to start like some states.

Philadelphia is a typical union town. They stop counting every night
and start up the next day. That has a lot to do with why we still
don't know who won there.