Clams Canino

Default Selecting HP for given hull (outboard)

Yes, once the carbs start to open, the closer you get to WOT - the more gas
it'll suck. What's more unclear to me is if the 115 and 130 (both 99ci) had
much of a difference. I only ran the 115 for a week or so. But it felt to
me like I needed less throttle to get the same speeds even then.

Another thing I could add - is that if you pull a lot of skiiers and toys.
Holeshot sucks gas. The shorter holeshot the better off you are. In that
respect, I'm *sure* I'm doing better with the higher output 99ci than the
old one. That's why I advise people to get the highest output version of
any one particular block. Since they weight the same anyway - might as well
get the most bank for the buck.

-W

"del cecchi" wrote in message news:rv2gb.198

However experience trumps extrapolation. It certainly seems true that
WOT blows the fuel economy.

del