del cecchi

Default Selecting HP for given hull (outboard)

So you disagree with the rule of thumb that speed varies as the square
root of HP? I got the formula out of a Mercury High Performance Prop
book a few years ago. :-) How much do you think the speed will
increase with an extra 33% or 50 HP? I know you think a 200 will use
less gas putting out 100 hp than a 150 will. I'm open minded on that
question.

del

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
You did fine Gene. He was comparing apples and hammers.

-W

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

Perhaps I did a poor job of making my point. Your rule of thumb

works
when one compares apples and apples....