Default Hong Kong Is a Troubling Case Study in the Death of Democracy

On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 00:48:05 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 17:53:12 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 12:56:57 -0400, B wrote:

In article ,
says...
We've already got Moscow pulling Trump's puppet atrings. Isn't that
scary enough? It's obvious to me that Putin has some sort of
compromising material on Trump, Kompromat as the Russians like to say.
That's entirely believable given Trump's proven prediliction for
sexual adventures. Doesn't that bother you?

https://news.google.com/search?q=trump%20cia&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Really? Are you stuck on the golden showers thing that has been debunked
time and again.

Let's talk Cheif Justice Roberts and why had has fallend off the right
and landed on the left.

===

I'd be happy if everyone stopped thinking about judges as left leaning
or right leaning. The only important thing to me is adherence to the
constitution and a commitment to equal justice for all.

Regarding Trump and the Russians, we'll probably never know exactly
what the Kompromot material is, and it really doesn't matter to anyone
but Trump. There's enough smoke around that topic to indicate that
there is fire somewhere.

The only smoke anyone has seen is one dossier by a former British spy
who admits up to a third of it might be bull****.
I would trust the National Enquirer more than that.

Agree. He has not done much in Russia’s favor. And it would be nice if
the judges paid attention to the Constitution. But it seems for years it
has been personal agenda more than the Constitution. Both sides. Look at
the stuff that the court has allowed the Federal government to get involved
in over the years. Where in the Constitution, does it say the Federal
Government will control education? Dept. of Education was not even created
until 1974. Where does it say that Pot that is grown and used in
California is covered under the interstate transportation rules? Etc. etc.

We can blame most of that on Nixon. He oversaw the biggest federal
power grab since FDR and most of it violates the 9th and 10th
amendments.

The 9th and 10th amendments say essentially that federal power is
limited to the scope of the constitution and everything else is up to
the states or retained by the people.

The scariest thing that came out of the 20th century, particularly FDR
and Nixon, is the rise of un elected regulatory agencies that write
regulations with the force of law without input by anyone voted for by
the people and the people get no influence on what they write. There
are more CFRs than there are federal laws from congress.