Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Ronald Reagan's Humor on Display

wrote:
On Wed, 9 Sep 2020 17:52:56 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

B wrote:
In article ,
says...
What a pleasant contrast. Imagine that, presidential leadership
without threats, ridicule, childish insults and inarticulate
muttering. Reagan got a lot accomplished that way, by uniting peopl
and reaching consensus on what needed to be done. What a pleasan
contras

Are you taking over?
--

===

Taking over what? Am I the only conservative on this group that has a
problem with presidential lying, threats, ridicule, childish insults
and inarticulate muttering? Be careful what you ask for.

Sad that a fella like Trump is our best hope for a future this election
cycle. The democrats should scour the party for a formidable candidate for
2024. Joe will be a 3 time loser this year. 78, 08, and 20. Three strikes
you're out.

===

It is sad, and I view him as not only a threat to constitutional
democracy, but also a threat to the Republican party. Moderate
republicans need to take back the party from the lunatic fringe. I'm
willing to support Biden just to send that message.

That's a bit extreme, don't you think?

===

Not in my opinion. I view Biden as a moderate who is not given to
extreme ideology. Harris is an intelligent woman with a track record
of being tough on crime. I'm hoping that between the two of them they
could tone down the extremist and divisive rhetoric. That could go a
long way towards healing and uniting the country.

You Wayne are an establishmentarian. Me I want the political system
disrupted. I want citizen legislators and citizen executives and I want
judges that do thier constitutional duty and not make law from the
bench. I want the government to go back to the people and the state.
Repeal the 17th amdendment.

Put term limits on just like the executive branch!!!

===

That's an excellent idea but how do you get the legislative branch to
enact it?

That is the hard part. Just like we should have a constitutional amendment
for that and to put some rules on Congress. Amendments to bills have to be
actually related to the bill. Was that way in the legislative rules until
was changed in the Nixon debacle. Also they get the same healthcare as any
other government employee, and they can get a pension when they turn 62 or
65, not full salaries for the rest of their life after 4 years.