John[_6_] John[_6_] is offline

Default Ronald Reagan's Humor on Display

On Tue, 08 Sep 2020 18:04:31 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 08 Sep 2020 14:14:19 -0400, John wrote:

On Tue, 08 Sep 2020 09:40:04 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Sep 2020 07:37:01 -0400, John wrote:

On Mon, 07 Sep 2020 17:59:42 -0400,
wrote:

I'd forgotten just how good he was until I watched this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgs-LaWyUJI

What a pleasant contrast. Imagine that, presidential leadership
without threats, ridicule, childish insults and inarticulate
muttering. Reagan got a lot accomplished that way, by uniting people
and reaching consensus on what needed to be done. What a pleasant
contrast.

Are you taking over?
--

===

Taking over what? Am I the only conservative on this group that has a
problem with presidential lying, threats, ridicule, childish insults
and inarticulate muttering? Be careful what you ask for.

If you had had to put up with the total resistance of the Democrats in Congress,
who give not a **** for this country, what frame of mind would you be in? For
one who has seen everything he tries to do thwarted by Pelosi and Schumer only
because the president is Donald Trump, I think he's done pretty damn well. Trump
was never given a chance to 'unite and reach consensus'. He was facing a
'resist' movement before he took the oath.

Pelosi is holding up another aid package. Why? Because Trump wants it. Amen.
**** 'em, I say. And Trump agrees. I don't blame him.
--

===

Much of that resistance is because of the way he comports himself,
constantly playing to his base instead oy trying to build grass roots
consensus. It's called leadership, and the lack of it will be his
downfall.

I agree that the way he comports himself could well be his downfall. That's a
shame, because I dread what Biden may do to the country.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!