Default Ronald Reagan's Humor on Display

On Tue, 08 Sep 2020 12:51:34 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 8 Sep 2020 16:31:36 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

On 9/8/20 10:59 AM,
wrote:
On Tue, 8 Sep 2020 15:07:31 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

On 9/8/20 8:40 AM,
wrote:
On Tue, 08 Sep 2020 07:37:01 -0400, John wrote:

On Mon, 07 Sep 2020 17:59:42 -0400,
wrote:

I'd forgotten just how good he was until I watched this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgs-LaWyUJI

What a pleasant contrast. Imagine that, presidential leadership
without threats, ridicule, childish insults and inarticulate
muttering. Reagan got a lot accomplished that way, by uniting peopl
and reaching consensus on what needed to be done. What a pleasan
contras

Are you taking over?
--

===

Taking over what? Am I the only conservative on this group that has a
problem with presidential lying, threats, ridicule, childish insults
and inarticulate muttering? Be careful what you ask for.

Sad that a fella like Trump is our best hope for a future this election
cycle. The democrats should scour the party for a formidable candidate for
2024. Joe will be a 3 time loser this year. 78, 08, and 20. Three strikes
you're out.

===

It is sad, and I view him as not only a threat to constitutional
democracy, but also a threat to the Republican party. Moderate
republicans need to take back the party from the lunatic fringe. I'm
willing to support Biden just to send that message.

That's a bit extreme, don't you think?

===

Not in my opinion. I view Biden as a moderate who is not given to
extreme ideology. Harris is an intelligent woman with a track record
of being tough on crime. I'm hoping that between the two of them they
could tone down the extremist and divisive rhetoric. That could go a
long way towards healing and uniting the country.

From the National review article.

"Hillary Clinton is 70. She, 69-year-old Elizabeth Warren, 75-year-old
Joe Biden, and 77-year-old Bernie Sanders are the party’s liveliest,
most dynamic figures, right up there with its Capitol Hill leaders:
78-year-old Nancy Pelosi, 79-year-old Steny Hoyer, and 85-year-old
Dianne Feinstein, who is running for reelection. If the party is going
to reimplement the New Deal, why shouldn’t it be led by people who
lived through it?"

You have to ask how much will they do that they haven't been able to
do in around 100 years of combined public service?