B B is offline

Default Stars and Stripes...

In article , says...

On 9/6/20 4:25 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:17:30 -0500 (CDT), I Ohlphart
wrote:

Boating All Out Wrote in message:r
In article ,
says... ...not for ever as it turns out; --- WASHINGTON ? The Pentagon has ordered the military's independent newspaper, Stars and Stripes, to cease publication at the end of the month, despite Congressional efforts to continue funding the century-old publication. The order to halt publication by Sept. 30, and dissolve the organization by the end of January, is

the latest salvo in the Pentagon's move earlier this year to cut the $15.5 million in funding for the paper from the department's budget. And it is a reflection of the Trump administration's broader animosity for the media and members of the press. --- This really, really sucks. Suckers and losers, suckers and losers.

Fat Harry lives.

--

===

Speaking of 'Airry, is there anything new on his court appearanc? It
must be coming up soon.

This coming week. I wonder if someone from rec.boats will be in attendance
to cheer him on.

The trial is still scheduled for Sept 10th. I will be looking at the
case search in maryland to see what the outcome is. Maryland is pretty
good at getting the informaiton entered as it happens and publishing it
by the end of the day. So, look for something late Sept 10th.