Justan Justan is offline

Default Oh ****!

On 8/30/20 4:52 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 17:12:19 -0400,

wrote:

On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 14:30:40 -0400,
wrote:

Gloom and doom is fat Harrys shtick. I'm surprised to see Greg caught up in
it. He needs to take a happy pill.

Yup all the kids in Lake Wobegone are above average.

In what? Depression?

Who said I was depressed?
I am very much at peace with my mortality.
It seems to be you guys who are scared ****less of everything.

===

Being at peace with mortality is a good thing because we are all a
little closer than we'd like, with far more good years behind us than
ahead. Someone once said that they were not afraid of death, it was
the dying that worried them. Dying from Covid, in an ICU, half
concious on a respirator, with tubes sticking out of your vital
orfices, seems like a particularly unpleasant exit plan. The few
people who recover seem to confirm that thought.

Unfortunately that is how most people die anyway. Pneumonia or COPD is
usually what they list as COD. The other options are not that
attractive either. "Old Age" is just a bad way to die. Get over it. I
suppose best case is a massive failure of the LAD (widow maker heart
attack) and the paramedics pronounce you at the scene.

In the mean time I am going to live every day out there, not hiding
under my bed.

Have you chosen your attire yet? I think you'd look good in a powder blue
leisure suit.