Alex[_23_] Alex[_23_] is offline

Default Yo Wayne

wrote:
On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 18:13:44 -0400,

wrote:

On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 16:26:58 -0400,
wrote:

I spent the time cleaning up the mess in the garage when the drywall
fell down.

===

That happened to us a few years ago - big mess. Any idea why? My
theory is that heat and humidity caused it to weaken over time. Our
garage has plenty of both in the summer. Is there any downside to
leaving it unfinished?

Aesthetics mostly and the worry the rest will come down. I am
wondering if the wood dried out and the nails pulled out. There was no
sign of water or any other "usual suspect". (like raccoon turds). I do
think, when we find a drywall guy I will have him shoot screws in the
stuff that didn't fall since he will be taping and mudding anyway.

Drywall is cheap.Â* Don't keep the damage_d stuff._