Default Vaccinate

On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 20:07:23 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

On 8/19/20 10:18 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 13:59:02 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

On 8/18/20 9:42 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 18:48:06 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

On 8/18/20 10:44 AM,
wrote:
On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 15:00:25 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/hea...-be-looking-to

===

It seems logical to me that the term "herd immunity" is a bit of a
misnomer. If 70% of the populace has anti-bodies, that leaves 30% who
are still capable of getting infected if exposed. So what kind of
immunity is that? Better to get vaccinated in my opinion assuming
that the vaccine is safe and effective. I think the experts use herd
immunity to imply that the risk of rapid spreading is statistically
reduced.

I never get flu shots and I'm reluctant to get whatever they come up with.

===

I had a really nasty case of the flu 6 years ago, the sickest I can
ever remember, and never want to be that sick again. We now get our
flu shots very faithfully every year. I have known rwo people who
died from the flu, middle aged, active and otherwise healthy.

I read somewhere there's about a 15% likelihood that the flu shot for any
given year will immunize you from whatever flu is going around that year. I
dont like those odds.

It is usually higher than that but still not half. I just think
antibodies are good and maybe the flu I get will be milder.
I haven't really had anything like that since I retired tho and that
was 25 years ago. I have been social distancing since then. I just
didn't know it had a name.

Recluse?

Just never had a reason to be in a crowd like that. I have a pretty
close circle of friends. Other than that. I did the same things I do
now. I even go to the same stores.