Default Vaccinate

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 18:48:06 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

On 8/18/20 10:44 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 15:00:25 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/hea...-be-looking-to

===

It seems logical to me that the term "herd immunity" is a bit of a
misnomer. If 70% of the populace has anti-bodies, that leaves 30% who
are still capable of getting infected if exposed. So what kind of
immunity is that? Better to get vaccinated in my opinion assuming
that the vaccine is safe and effective. I think the experts use herd
immunity to imply that the risk of rapid spreading is statistically
reduced.

I never get flu shots and I'm reluctant to get whatever they come up with.

I was at the "Nurse" today. I have never seen my doctor in 3 years.

At any rate she had an interesting factoid. Medicare providers,
including Advantage providers get gigged by the insurance company
carrying your Gap or Advantage policy if they don't show you getting a
flu shot. If they get gigged often enough for various "infractions"
they are not renewed.
That may be why your PCP pushes the shot.

I dunno, she may be misstating this but I did ask her to say it again
because it surprised me. Same with Shingles and Pneumonia shots. That
may be why drug stores want to know who your PCP is, so they can punch
the ticket for them.