[email protected] WayneBatrecdotboats@hotmail.com is offline

Default diesel outboard

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 14:55:49 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 23:27:17 -0400,

wrote:

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 15:49:57 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 19:32:52 -0400, Alex wrote:

wrote:
On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 19:09:33 -0400, Alex wrote:

Bill wrote:
https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=2723761937944551&_rdr

Wow.* I don't see any value in owning one of those!
I assume it is because you are not in the 3d world where clanged up
stuff like this is popular but he does seem to be moving right along
in a smoky sort of way.

It's a very narrow boat for that speed and three guys who could shift
the weight quickly.* The speed is impressive but very dangerous.

Seeing that contraption running, it occurs to me danger is not their
first concern. I guess there are rednecks everywhere.

I am impressed with the ingenuity a bit. I assume this thing is raw
water cooled so it might not last long but it is a cool ride while it
lasts. It would be interesting to see how they are getting the water
pump primed to get going. There is nowhere enough detail in that
video.

===

All of the raw water pumps that I'm familiar with are self priming,
typically with flexible rubber/neoprene vanes and positive
displacement.

https://www.castlepumps.com/info-hub/flexible-impeller-pump-guide/

That is a marine water pump, This is an Izuzu Diesel. It assumes a
radiator with water above the pump.

===

Understood, but Isuzu diesels are frequently adapted for marine use so
there must be some easy way of mounting an external water pump.

https://www.isuzu.co.jp/world/product/marine/

https://www.avg.com