[email protected] WayneBatrecdotboats@hotmail.com is offline

Default Why are we fighting over masks? (as a nation)

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 16:06:58 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 09:09:41 -0400,

wrote:

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 07:46:40 -0400, John wrote:

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 12:23:02 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:

On Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 1:35:15 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 10:27:18 -0400, John wrote:

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 02:16:48 -0400,
wrote:

We aren't even close to the end of the economic damage.

Unemployment is a lot worse than the depression right now.

Landlords are starting to worry about if they can actually hold on to
their rental property if the renters don't have to pay rent.

Lenders are wondering how many defaults they can expect as soon as the
dust settles.

Businesses are folding all over.

GDP in the US sunk by a third in 2q20.

I think that is why they want us to fight over masks, to take our mind
off of the economy.

Who is the 'they' that wants us to fight over masks?

Our government, from Trump down to the most junior congressman.
It is easier to deal with "maskdebaters" than people who talk about
real problems like where will my next meal come from and will I ever
find a job..

I don't see the government inciting the fight. It's as simple as some folks won't wear a mask, and others are ****ed because they are the ones being put at risk, while they are wearing their masks and protecting the asshole that won't.

Sums it up nicely. What we lack in this country is discipline.
--

===

And that is mostly a result of poor leadership.

We haven't had a leader who could get people to blindly do what he
said since Eisenhower and JFK. By the time of LBJ, a significant part
of the population, mostly young people, said "you are not the boss of
me" and that still prevails. If you look at where the spike in
infections really is, you see the 40 crowd. In spite of the spike in
infections in Florida the death rate is down and the number of
hospitalizations is down. Less than a quarter of the people in the Lee
hospital system (our biggest conglomerate) are there for Covid.

The hype greatly exceeds the reality. What seems to be happening is we
are building the herd immunity in the millennials and younger the old
fashioned way. They get it, they get over it and they move on. Just
don't kiss your grand daughter if you are worried about it.

===

True leadership requires laying out a well reasoned plan of action
that people believe in, and will follow willingly.

https://www.avg.com