Default New Personal Best

On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 15:35:37 -0400, John wrote:

On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 04:17:30 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

John wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 06:48:46 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:

On Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 11:12:49 AM UTC-4, John H wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 21:23:50 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 12:49:58 -0400, John wrote:

Yesterday I shot an 83 playing Forest Greens golf course, which is my new
personal best. That's worthy of shouting about!
--

===

Nice Game. Golfing skill has always eluded me. One summer I actually
took lessons a couple of times a week. I could actually hit the ball
as long as the pro was talkking me through the swing but not on my
own. Frustrating game. I was a decent pocket billiards (pool) player
at one time but that's apparently a different skill set.

Very similar skill set - I bank balls off trees a lot!

We always called that the "membership kick".

Mostly, mine just go deeper into the woods.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Years ago, when I still played golf, we were playing at Lake Tahoe. 6000’
and balls really fly. Remember Clackers? What the balls hitting the trees
sounded like.

Well, why'd you quit the game? I play mainly for the exercise.

It is just a social event for me and a chance to get out in the fresh
air. That is better than sitting around the house, telling old
stories.
I only play when I am up north with my buddies, a few times a year.
Now that the Macular Degeneration has pretty much blinded one of them,
we don't get out as much. He usually plays from my cart. He can't see
where his ball went and I don't really care where mine went. We just
talk and hit the ball. We both go through a lot of ammo.