Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Bayliner: Bad wrap or bad boats?

John wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 17:04:00 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Justan wrote:
On 7/22/20 5:31 AM, wrote:
The only reason they are able to sell them so cheap is because the
company that makes bayliner also manufactures sea ray lowe and a bunch
of other brands including manufacturing mercury motors so they
absolutely can afford to lose money or break even on bayliner in order
to get people out on the water thats why they are so affordable but they
are deffinently not bad boats

You must be a new Bayliner owner.

The sad thing is they are really a nice design boat. Just made very
cheaply. Thin glasswork, etc. when you can push on the sides and get
movement, the longevity of a boat will not be a long time if any rough
water.

At one point, way back when, I was considering a Bayliner Trophy. I called the
dealer in Seattle to talk about prices, etc. He strongly suggested I consider
upgrading the engine to an Evinrude instead of the Force which was standard.
When I asked him why, his response was, "Well, the Force is basically a
'throw-away' engine."

That convinced me I didn't want a Bayliner.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Was a price point boat.