John[_6_] John[_6_] is offline

Default Yo Tim!

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 08:18:02 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

Well, last weeks trip to the lake was less than disappointing. Got in the ramp ready to go and all the engine wanted to do was cough, hack, and gag. I didn’t feel like wasting much time with it so we pulled out and got something to eat. Bad feeling since I got it out of the boat shop and it was supposedly “ready to go”.

Now my tech has retired and I’m not sure but I don’t thing he wanted to mess with it that much.

It’s sitting at another place and they act like they are discouraging about a 1977 engine with limited parts availability. So they started spouting off scary numbers like $500 in carburetors and finding a good used distributor, (which I don’t think is the problem)

By the time they would be done with me we’d be over $2000 in parts then labor.

So screwed again. I’m confident it’s all a fuel issue. So I think I’m gonna get a manual and dink with it myself.
But otherwise, I believe this year is done. Rats!

Well...****! That's not good news. I wonder if you gave that retired tech a call
he may try to help you out a bit.

It's a shame Harry's not here. He could lecture you about your religious
beliefs. :)
--

Freedom Isn't Free!