Tim Tim is offline

Default Yo Tim!

Well, last weeks trip to the lake was less than disappointing. Got in the ramp ready to go and all the engine wanted to do was cough, hack, and gag. I didn’t feel like wasting much time with it so we pulled out and got something to eat. Bad feeling since I got it out of the boat shop and it was supposedly “ready to go”.

Now my tech has retired and I’m not sure but I don’t thing he wanted to mess with it that much.

It’s sitting at another place and they act like they are discouraging about a 1977 engine with limited parts availability. So they started spouting off scary numbers like $500 in carburetors and finding a good used distributor, (which I don’t think is the problem)

By the time they would be done with me we’d be over $2000 in parts then labor.

So screwed again. I’m confident it’s all a fuel issue. So I think I’m gonna get a manual and dink with it myself.
But otherwise, I believe this year is done. Rats!