Default New Personal Best

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 21:23:50 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 12:49:58 -0400, John wrote:

Yesterday I shot an 83 playing Forest Greens golf course, which is my new
personal best. That's worthy of shouting about!
--

===

Nice Game. Golfing skill has always eluded me. One summer I actually
took lessons a couple of times a week. I could actually hit the ball
as long as the pro was talkking me through the swing but not on my
own. Frustrating game. I was a decent pocket billiards (pool) player
at one time but that's apparently a different skill set.

Dunno. Steve Mizerak was a helluva golfer.
I was at the pool bar at the Hyatt in Phoenix watching him hit the
ball into a net with the pro IBM hired and it made a scary sound
whizzing through the air. I didn't hear that when the pro hit the
ball, nor anywhere else. He took a lot of money from the IBM managers.
I owed him a gin and tonic for a pool game we played and I knew where
the only place in the whole hotel was where I could buy him one.
I didn't want to embarrass myself by picking up a club.