[email protected] WayneBatrecdotboats@hotmail.com is offline

Default For W B

On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 16:39:58 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

A trick you may not know about.
CRC 6-56 will remove all traces of silicone adhesive from your hands. Spray
your hands with the stuff. Rub it in till the silicone dissolves. Then wet
your hands and rub in again. Wipe off with paper towels then use soap and
water to remove what's left. This stuff is amazing. I've been using it for
years but I didn't know what it could do to uncured silicone. West Marine
will have it in stock.

===

That is a good tip because silicone is notoriously difficult to
remove. We use a fair amout of 3M5200 for things like sealing window
glass. That's tough stuff also but WD40 cleans it right up from just
about anything as long as it hasn't cured yet.

https://www.avg.com