Justan Justan is offline

Default A Great Explanation

On 7/9/20 6:48 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 09 Jul 2020 16:03:18 -0400, John wrote:

On Thu, 09 Jul 2020 15:15:19 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 12:20:54 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

On 7/8/20 10:17 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 08 Jul 2020 23:19:48 -0400,

wrote:

On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 02:22:08 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Wed, 08 Jul 2020 06:51:27 -0400, John wrote:

Not to beat a dead horse, but this guy does a great explanation and video of why
masks work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tp0...0CgY8aJiV1 5I

Nobody wants to talk about what happens to the infection trapped in
the mask. How many times does the average mask wearer touch that mask
on their day out and about and where does that infection on their
hands end up?
I see lots of masks. I see very few people who actually wear and
handle hem correctly ... but they are making the fashion statement so
I guess it is OK.

Maybe trying to protect other people.

===

And raising the general awareness level. These are not exactly normal
times and some people need to be reminded of that it seems.

So then if I just get a hat that says "get the **** away from me" it
is as effective as a mask. Thanks

Maybe you could stay away from everyone and anywhere they've been recently.
No mask,no hat required. No risk of being infected or infecting others.
What do you think?

I do stay away from people, at least 6 feet.

Never pass anyone in the store aisle, eh?

Not if I don't have to and I hold my breath if I do. Since they
cleared out all of the aisle displays and made them one way, passing
is not that common anyway. When you do, there is plenty of room to
stay away from them. People in my little circle of stores do a pretty
good job of staying away from each other but mask use also cruises
around 50% so maybe we have to.

BTW both the CDC and WHO have said "casual contact" like walking by
someone in a store is way down on their suspicions of how this is
transmitted.
Sitting on a bar stool spitting in each other's beer or standing close
and hollering in their face to be heard over the band is the top of
the list and we are seeing that in our most recent spike in
millennials.

The herd mentality seems to be central in the spread of this pandemic. MANY
businesses like gyms, theaters, restaurants, bars and theme parks are at
risk of becoming extinct unless they have deep pockets. I also believe
there is a renewed interest in abandoning large cities. Especially since
they seem to be run largely by morons.