John[_6_] John[_6_] is offline

Default Sheesh!

On Tue, 23 Jun 2020 15:21:29 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

See you next month, Harry...

Keyser Soze
Crikey. I haven't used my iPad in a few weeks and when I turned it on,
my Thunderbird app was still open to here. So many snarly messages but I
only read a handful. And of course, seemingly endless praise for Trump
and never-ending misinformation and arguments about COVID-19.

Whatever you may think, assuming some of you are still able to do so, my
absence, which will continue, has nothing to do with anything beyond a
realization that there really is nothing worth reading here. I've been
saying that for years, of course, but it finally registered with me last
month. As previously stated, I have no interest in your Trumpism, your
cholesterol-filled greaseball recipes, your golf games, your hatred of
non-whites, or just about anything else that passes for badinage here.

My limited needs for online conversation seem to be easily satisfied by
my participation in various Facebook special interest groups, the
members of which, for the most part, are funny and clever, two
attributes almost totally missing among you righties.

Sadly, with Don's departure, the only decent guy poster among you who
was still here was and I suppose still is...is Fretwell. And even he
seems to be succumbing to your Trumpism Pandemic.

I happened to read this last message from our good Christian, Tim:

"Cussing everyone out. Yeah, blaming everyone here for his problems...
no surprise?"

Well, Mr. Christian, I didn't cuss anyone out in my note to Fretwell,
nor did I blame anyone for anything. So, once again, you got it wrong.
That should tell you something about your core beliefs and eagerness to
believe almost anything.

I don't recall when my cheap annual subscription to my newsgroup
supplier ends...but I see no reason to renew it. I suspect if I checked
back then just before it goes kaput, whenever then is, I'd find fewer
than the current handful of guys that regularly post here, and all of
you would still be arguing over the same crap, laughing at the same lame
jokes, and blaming Hillary Clinton for Biden's victory this fall, if
that comes to pass.

Meanwhile, be well, congregate in large groups, and don't bother wearing
a mask

LOL! But probably true!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!