Alex[_23_] Alex[_23_] is offline

Default Been down for the count

RCE wrote:
On 6/19/2020 10:10 PM, Alex wrote:
RCE wrote:

Despite getting both a flu shot and a pneumonia shot and
practicing social distancing and wearing a mask on the
few visits to grocery stores for over two months, I caught
a flu type virus earlier this week.

I don't get sick very often ... in fact I can't even remember
the last time I had the flu ... but this one knocked me for a
loop.Â* Obviously, covid-19 came to mind but fortunately no.

Started with two days of low energy, tiredness but no other
symptoms.Â* Then, Tuesday morning I felt extremely fatigued.
By Tuesday afternoon I was in bed with all the chills, aches,
coughing and everything else that comes with the flu.

Tuesday night sweated buckets.Â* Wednesday night same thing
only worse.Â* No appetite.

Wife went out and got 6 quart bottles of Gateraid.Â* Forced
myself to drink as much as I could.

Finally, Thursday I started to feel some strength returning.
Stayed in bed anyway.

This morning feeling much better.Â* I lost almost 14 lbs though
over a week.

Flu is not nice to 70 year olds.

I'd watch (or sorta listen) to the news on different channels
and all that did was make me feel worse.Â* Tuned the tv to one
of the music channels and just listened to it.Â* Much better.

Get tested again.Â* I know people that got a positive result on try
#3. I hope that isn't the case for you!

I never got tested for covid-19.Â* If it had lasted a day or two
longer without signs of improvement, I planned to.Â* But, it followed
the typical course of the flu and I am on the mend.

Good to hear!