Justan Ohlphart[_4_] Justan Ohlphart[_4_] is offline

Default Been down for the count

RCE Wrote in message:
On 6/19/2020 4:13 PM, wrote: On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 15:32:58 -0400, wrote: On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 07:18:45 -0400, RCE wrote: Despite getting both a flu shot and a pneumonia shot and practicing social distancing and wearing a mask on the few visits to grocery stores for over two months, I caught a flu type virus earlier this week. I don't get sick very often ... in fact I can't even remember the last time I had the flu ... but this one knocked me for a loop. Obviously, covid-19 came to mind but fortunately no. Started with two days of low energy, tiredness but no other symptoms. Then, Tuesday morning I felt extremely fatigued. By Tuesday afternoon I was in bed with all the chills, aches, coughing and everything else that comes with the flu. Tuesday night sweated buckets. Wednesday night same thing only worse. No appetite. Wife went out and got 6 quart bottles of Gateraid. Forced myself to drink as much as I could. Finally, Thursday I started to feel some strength returning. Stayed in bed anyway. This morning feeling much better. I lost almost 14 lbs though over a week. Flu is not nice to 70 year olds. I'd watch (or sorta listen) to the news on different channels and all that did was make me feel worse. Tuned the tv to one of the music channels and just listened to it. Much better. === Glad to hear that you're feeling better - beware the relapse however. It's a low blow to have caught it after all of your precautions. My last bout of the flu was 6 years ago after a January round trip flight to New York. It was just about the sickest I'd ever been and I'm not sure I'd survive a repeat performance. We take all the precautions very seriously. I've known two people who died from the flu, both middle aged and previously healthy. I guess I am overdue but I haven't had a nasty flu or even a bad cold since I retired. I do tend to social distance and wash my hands a lot, long before it was cool. When I was in DC a nasty cold, flu or something was a constant thing all winter and sometimes even a summer thing. Working in dozens of different accounts all the time exposed me to lots of germs I suppose and DC is as bad as New York for collecting germs from across the globe, maybe even worse. That beard and mustache probably filters out all the nasty germs. :-)-- This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.https://www.avg.com

The resident germs do a good job of fighting off nercomers.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/