Default Comcast Cable problem solved!

On Sun, 14 Jun 2020 09:46:52 -0400 (EDT), Justan Ohlphart
wrote:

Alex Wrote in message:
RCE wrote: On 6/12/2020 9:17 PM, Alex wrote: RCE wrote: None of my thoughts on the problem were valid. Turns out the cable line that runs *under* my driveway has a fault or cut in it and moisture has been slowly attacking it over the years. It's not buried very deep apparently. What was happening is that every time I left the house and the truck drove over the spot with the damaged cable, it disturbed the connection and I'll lose Internet. TV was still ok but the TV service only uses a small part of the overall bandwidth. Internet and Voice (if you have it) uses a lot of bandwidth. Super tech found it using a meter that picks up leakage. He ran a new temporary cable from the pedestal at the end of the driveway to the house and all works good again. He even upgraded to the newest cable box and programmed two of the voice activated remotes. Comcast will contact Dig-Safe to check for power lines, etc.

and then they will bury the new cable. Finally! After almost a month it works great. Nice! What a strange issue. I guess they will have to bury it away from the driveway? Yup. They have to contact Dig Safe to come out and mark any utilities, water, electricity, etc. and will then send a crew out to witch ditch a new access along the driveway, under a walkway and into the house. They run the cable through a plastic conduit. Cool thing is I now have the latest and greatest "Gateway" plus the super tech upgraded my primary cable box to the newest X1 type, programmed and gave me two X1 voice controlled remotes and made sure it was all working. I had been using the old school type remotes. All for free. Plus, Comcast is giving me a unspecified credit on my account for the inconvenience.How are they going to get it under your walkway? Those directional boring machines can't be cheap to bring in and operate. The are also big and might screw up
your lawn.

Water jetting might work. I had some success with that method when
I lived up nawth. Works great in Florida.

I doubt it would work at all where I lived in Maryland. Too much rock
in the soil, that is basically hard packed clay anyway. It was hard
enough just driving a stake in the ground.