Justan Ohlphart[_4_] Justan Ohlphart[_4_] is offline

Default Comcast Cable problem solved!

Wrote in message:
On Fri, 12 Jun 2020 12:19:10 -0400, RCE wrote:None of my thoughts on the problem were valid.Turns out the cable line that runs *under* my driveway hasa fault or cut in it and moisture has been slowly attackingit over the years.It's not buried very deep apparently. What was happeningis that every time I left the house and the truck droveover the spot with the damaged cable, it disturbed theconnection and I'll lose Internet. TV was still ok butthe TV service only uses a small part of the overallbandwidth. Internet and Voice (if you have it) uses alot of bandwidth.Super tech found it using a meter that picks up leakage.He ran a new temporary cable from the pedestal at the endof the driveway to the house and all works good again.He even upgraded to the newest cable box and programmedtwo of the voice activated remotes.Comcast will contact Dig-Safe to check for power lines, etc.and then they will bury the new cable.Finally! After almost a month it works great.I don't know why they need a "locate" since they will bury it directlyunder the sod. ;-)

Dont worry about it. Comcast is doing what they are required to
do. ;-[ )

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/