Alex[_23_] Alex[_23_] is offline

Default Comcast Cable problem solved!

RCE wrote:

None of my thoughts on the problem were valid.

Turns out the cable line that runs *under* my driveway has
a fault or cut in it and moisture has been slowly attacking
it over the years.

It's not buried very deep apparently.Â* What was happening
is that every time I left the house and the truck drove
over the spot with the damaged cable, it disturbed the
connection and I'll lose Internet.Â* TV was still ok but
the TV service only uses a small part of the overall
bandwidth.Â* Internet and Voice (if you have it) uses a
lot of bandwidth.

Super tech found it using a meter that picks up leakage.

He ran a new temporary cable from the pedestal at the end
of the driveway to the house and all works good again.

He even upgraded to the newest cable box and programmed
two of the voice activated remotes.

Comcast will contact Dig-Safe to check for power lines, etc.
and then they will bury the new cable.

Finally!Â* After almost a month it works great.

Nice!Â* What a strange issue.Â* I guess they will have to bury it away
from the driveway?