Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default Turning the economic corner?

On 6/9/2020 3:33 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 07:04:44 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 6/8/2020 8:02 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 17:37:46 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 6/8/2020 5:30 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 11:40:06 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

On Monday, June 8, 2020 at 1:27:57 PM UTC-4, B wrote:
In article ,
says...
It is what they just told me to do. Put it on, go in a store come out,
take it off and repeat for every store I go into.

Evidently you folks don't do as much as I do in a day.

Even wearing it for three hours protects others, if you are a carrier. And, if
you are, the fact that it gets dirty on the inside shouldn't bother you. You're
already sick.

If the mask is not a barrier of any significance, it gets dirty on the
outside too. In fact if you sneezed, it is a claymore mine at that
point.

Ah, very bad premise. The mask *is* a barrier of significance. Look at Luddite's
post from way back.

You simply have a hard time accepting facts.

The mask is like wearing a corona virus ribbon, it signifies that you
"care". Other than that it is useless.

Ah, we have another highly regarded epidemiologist in the group. We should be in awe.

Masks *do* help, in some degree, limit the transmittal of the virus from the wearer to others around them. It's a fact you can't fight, nor should you.

Sneezing into your elbow helps to some degree too. If you have a long
sleeve shirt on, probably exactly the same level. It is the same
filter material and with a minimal amount of care with how you hold it
to your face, the same filtering capacity.

Greg, you were provided with links demonstrating an open sneeze, a
sneeze into your elbow and a sneeze wearing a mask.

If you don't remember the results, take a guess. Which one
contained the sneeze droplets the most?

What kind of mask?
An N-95 medical mask (no valve)
An N-95 industrial mask (with a valve)
A surgical mask
A home made cloth mask
A bandanna
A neck Gaiter
A Lexan face shield
Yet all of them satisfy those laws.

BTW we still haven't talked about the aerosols that were on the
outside of the mask having soaked through and are propelled by your
sneeze. Those are the ones that hang in the air the longest and
present the best chance of you walking through unnoticed.

BTW this was on the front page of the opinion section of the Snooze
Press. (Sorry about the quality, it was scanned from the paper)

What's wrong with this picture (far more common among mask wearers
than common sense).

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Mask%20follies.jpg

Good freakin' grief. I don't care what kind of mask Greg.
The point is not what "filters" a virus molecule. The point
is how does a sneeze (or cough) distribute a mist of
droplets. Nothing covering mouth and nose? Sneezing
or coughing into your elbow? Sneezing or coughing wearing
a mask ... any kind of mask ... I don't care.

What if you are not sneezing and coughing?
Why is that so hard to grasp?

At least one study I read modeled "mist" from just talking.

But anyway, wearing a mask
during a world-wide pandemic that is still increasing in
some places isn't going to hurt anyone and demonstrates
a level of consideration for others.

https://www.avg.com