Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default Turning the economic corner?

On 6/9/2020 12:09 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 18:32:50 -0400, John wrote:

On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 17:43:25 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 17:34:47 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On Monday, June 8, 2020 at 1:27:57 PM UTC-4, B wrote:

In article ,
says...
It is what they just told me to do. Put it on, go in a store come out,
take it off and repeat for every store I go into.

Evidently you folks don't do as much as I do in a day.

Even wearing it for three hours protects others, if you are a carrier. And, if
you are, the fact that it gets dirty on the inside shouldn't bother you. You're
already sick.

If the mask is not a barrier of any significance, it gets dirty on the
outside too. In fact if you sneezed, it is a claymore mine at that
point.

Ah, very bad premise. The mask *is* a barrier of significance. Look at Luddite's
post from way back.

You simply have a hard time accepting facts.

The mask is like wearing a corona virus ribbon, it signifies that you
"care". Other than that it is useless.

In some places it's the law, punishable by fines.

Like here.

Not here. Maybe that is just one more reason to stay south of I-10.

It will be interesting when the dust all settles and they can analyse
how much effect the mask laws had on our infection rates.
I suspect it will be about as effective as the assault weapon ban and
the 55 MPH speed limit. They both made people feel like they were
doing something but in the grand scheme of things nothing was proven
to be improved by it.

Oh, so mitigation has done no good?

Bull****.

If you stay away from symptomatic people you will be OK according to
the WHO.
I already prefaced all of this by saying I am not coughing, sneezing
or any other symptoms at all. What am I protecting people from again?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asymptomatic-coronavirus-patients-arent-spreading-new-infections-who-says.html?fbclid=IwAR01-CR8uKSh_POp4lsvtcra676Em0QPD9dbjrhVa0fZ4YHD3gzOM8T mlH8

I suppose next you will be saying WHO is full of **** because they
disagree with you.

The WHO report is as full of "mays" and "mights" as the
recommendations/requirements for masks are ..... which
you dismiss as being "non-scientific".

To me, common sense is the best rule to follow.

https://www.avg.com