Default Where have the "T's" gone?

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 06:13:33 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

We have a pretty, very young new reporter on the local NBC affiliate. She does something that drives us crazy.

Last night we watched a bit of the show "Titans", which is an athelectic challenge hosted by "The Rock", Dwayne Johnson. His announcer was doing it too.

Titan was pronounced "Ti-an".
Important as "Impor-ant".
Mountain as "Moun-an".

Where the hell is that missing T sound, and when did society start thinking it's OK or cool to mispronounce words? It's like fingernails on a chalkbooard to me.

Ebonics.
Everyone suddenly wants to sound like Bodie on "The Wire".
My buddy came out of the Maryland Corrections system with that speech
defect and it took him a couple years to get over it.