Harry Krause

Default Winter Boat Projects...who's got some?

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 22:21:07 +0000, Harry Krause wrote:

I'll start. I need at least four more fishing rod holders on Yo Ho, and
I think I'll attach a Fentress holder on the starboard side of the rear
cabin bulkhead, building it out with Starboard so I can install some
rubber rod tip holders on the lip of the cabin top.

Well, since I spent $5K on last years "projects" (mainly: replace/upgrade
steering and engine controls, replace 4D house battery with golf-cart, and
add holding tank), I'm gonna try and beat that by replacing the engine
(Conservative estimate $10K). SWMBO wants to replace the main cabin
upholstery, and I need to re-seat the windows, fix the mast collar and
possibly repaint. Oh, and sand and re-oil the teak.

That's Far Cove. Then there's: Make a floor for the Tin Boat (still doesn't
have a name), repaint Miss Lily, touch up the paint on Near Cove's engine

And, once I've replaced Far Cove's engine, I'm thinking of building an
18-ft trawler to put the old one in...

All this, and I'm just finishing rebuilding the roof for the shop at the
back of the house, re-doing the electrical in the shop, helping SWMBO
build a habitat for Avalon the Boa...

Gee, no wonder I no longer seem to have time to go skiing!

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

The disease you are suffering from is called boat builder's ambition.
Sheesh. What a list.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.