[email protected] WayneBatrecdotboats@hotmail.com is offline

Default E-Tec another Covid casualty

On Thu, 28 May 2020 11:33:57 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 28 May 2020 10:42:14 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 5/28/20 8:00 AM, Tim wrote:
On Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 8:27:31 PM UTC-5, wrote:
The last of the 2 strokes is done.

Valcourt, Quebec, May 27, 2020 – BRP (TSX: DOO; NASDAQ: DOOO)
announced today it has re-oriented its marine business by focusing on
the growth of its boat brands with new technology and innovative
marine products. We will discontinue production of Evinrude E-TEC and
E-TEC G2 outboard engines. Our Sturtevant, WI, facility, will be
repurposed for new projects to pursue our plan to provide consumers
with an unparalleled experience on the water.

We remain committed to our Buy, Build, Transform Marine strategy which
has been underway since 2018 with the acquisition of Alumacraft and
Manitou boat companies in the U.S., followed by the acquisition of
Australian boat manufacturer Telwater in 2019.

“Our outboard engines business has been greatly impacted by COVID-19,
obliging us to discontinue production of our outboard motors
immediately. This business segment had already been facing some
challenges and the impact from the current context has forced our
hand,” said José Boisjoli, President and CEO of BRP. “We will
concentrate our efforts on new and innovative technologies and on the
development of our boat companies, where we continue to see a lot of
potential to transform the on-water experience for consumers,” he
added.

I imagine Tom Francis is rolling over in his grave right about now

There are still manufacturers extant of two cycle smokepots... Sad to
see the Evinrude brand name disappear. My dad was a franchised Evinrude
dealer for more than two decades, until he switched to Merc in the
middle to late 1960s.

As far as I know, E-Tec was the only 2 stroke certified to be sold in
the US. They are still available in the 3d world.

===

The 2 stroke Yamaha Enduro series is incredibly popular outside the
US.

https://www.avg.com