[email protected] WayneBatrecdotboats@hotmail.com is offline

Default Without comment

On Thu, 28 May 2020 09:56:53 -0400 (EDT), Justan Ohlphart
wrote:

Wrote in message:
On Wed, 27 May 2020 17:25:24 -0400, "Mr. wrote:On 5/27/2020 4:41 PM, wrote: https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-1342 Good grief Greg. You are *still* hung up on *blocking* the viruswith a cloth or non-N-95 mask.That is *not* the purpose of wearing a mask ... homemade orof the non-surgical type."coughing into a petri dish"? Of course the virus willland there.Have the person holding the petri dish stand 6-10 feetaway from the person coughing. Test wearing a maskand without a mask. Let us know the results.The point is they don't know and with no standards on what a "mask"is, they will never know. If a real surgical mask won't work (in thestudy) how in the hell is one of those fishermen's sun block thingsdoing anything?

N95 seems to be a standard. Furnace filters and vaccum cleaner
bags claim to adhere to various standards. That study done with
5 subjects seems pretty hokey and un scientific.

With so much unknown about this virus there are only assumptions
we have to deal with currently.
1 It spreads fast.
2 It kills quickly.
3 Treatment seems to be attacking the symptoms and hoping for the best.
4 Most will survive.
5 Aquired immunity is uncertain.
6 The particle size has been estimated at 1 to 3 microns.
7 Whether the virus needs a live host has been debated.
8 Far to many people are ignoring all precautions.
9 Dr. Fretwells assesments may be correct but I'm not betting my
life on it.

We wear masks and gloves as appropriate
We wash hands a lot
We try not to touch our faces
We social distance and monitor people nearby for behavior
Anything we purchase gets disinfected with Lysol in the car and or
in the garage before bringing into the
house.
In general, we follow the latest advice from the heavy hitters.

===

Good summary.

We're doing about the same. So far so good.

https://www.avg.com