[email protected] rgrew176@gmail.com is offline

Default Mercruiser 3.0 in a 2008 Bayliner

On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 1:49:05 PM UTC-4, drivett wrote:
Having shifting problems with our boat. Problems started at the end of
last year. Shifting into reverse is fine. Shifting into forward clunks
and grinds. The throttle handle needs to go quite a way forward to get
it to engage. By then it is revving higher causing the clink and grind
to be worse. I have taken the shifter cable off the linkage and moved it
on and out and it seems to engage forward reverse and neutral just fine.
I did no adjusting last year to cause anything. I took the Gen II model
4000 shifter apart to see if anything was obvious but no? Any thoughts ?
Dan

--
drivett

Ah, a boating thread.