Default Vaccine ?

On Tue, 19 May 2020 05:16:20 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 5/18/2020 8:37 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 18 May 2020 23:02:08 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Mon, 18 May 2020 17:51:44 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 18 May 2020 15:54:57 -0400,

wrote:

On Mon, 18 May 2020 15:07:47 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 18 May 2020 12:54:23 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 5/18/20 10:41 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

A Cambridge, MA company "Moderna" has released the results of
their Phase 1 tests of a covid-19 vaccine and has been given
the go-ahead to proceed to phase II testing.

If the results of Phase II are successful, an emergency
go-ahead to start full scale immunizations may be
forthcoming as early as this fall.

The vaccine was tested in three dosages.Â* Even the lowest
dosage resulted in antibodies to fight the virus at a
level similar to those people who contacted covid-19 and
survived.

Details he

https://www.statnews.com/2020/05/18/early-data-show-moderna-covid-19-vaccine-generates-immune-response/

It'll be nice when and if there are effective vaccines. I still think we
are a long way away from that, assuming the usual sort of testing once
some real possibilities are found.

They are thinking the actual trials will be in the general population.
It is all part of that "Do Something Now" mantra you have been
chanting.

===

Much as I'd like to see those vaccine trials be successful, I'm not
sure I'd want any friends or family members in the first round of
testing.

I wonder if you get a T shirt that says "I'm OK" so nobody hassles me
about that stupid mask. If so I would give it a try.

===

Have you tried one of those fishing hoods that covers your nose and
mouth? I have't but I'm thinking about it. They've got to be more
comfortable than an N95 mask.

https://www.amazon.com/Retail-Sign-Systems-Hunting%EF%BC%88Solid-Camouflage%EF%BC%89/dp/B085WRVQNX/ref=sr_1_4?crid=Z5PP8RYMK4X9&dchild=1&keywords=fis hing+face+mask

I wore one today. Mostly to keep the sun off my face. Just finishing
flourouracil skin treatment. Mine does not fit sung over the mouth and
nose. May just be old.

This really does show the insanity of the whole thing. I doubt any of
these things would even filter out sawdust and we are expecting it to
stop a virus that is 0.15 microns. If you are worried about sunburn on
your nose it might be a thing but otherwise, it is only handy for
criminals.

Obviously, you still don't understand the purpose of wearing a mask.

It is *not* to filter a 0.15 micron virus. A standard HEPA filter
won't even do that.

The purpose of wearing a mask is to reduce the "spread" of
droplets from a cough or sneeze to reduce the chances of others
becoming infected.

The flaw is the "droplets" are very small too or they would not hang
in the air. There is no reason to believe a bandanna would stop them.
In fact it could actually collect them while you are breathing and be
the chamber of the gun when you sneeze.

I have an experiment I am thinking of doing. Take a couple layers of T
shirt. Mist some red food coloring on one side enough to simulate
breathing through it during an hour of shopping. Then pop a balloon
held against that side, simulating a sneeze and see how far the red
spray goes through the other side.

Anyone have a prediction?