Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Hunting Golf Balls in Florida...

John wrote:
On Thu, 14 May 2020 09:18:27 -0400 (EDT), Justan Ohlphart
wrote:

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
On 5/13/2020 1:36 PM, wrote: On Wed, 13 May 2020
10:32:23 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote: On
5/13/2020 12:13 AM,
wrote: On
Tue, 12 May 2020 16:25:19 -0400, John
wrote: ...can be a bit dangerous!
https://www.liveabout.com/the-giant-florida-rattlesnake-3299773
-- === There are a lot of opportunities here to become part
of the food chain. Not nearly as big as the one in John's
link but Mrs.E. came home to our house in Jupiter, FL one day to find
a 4 foot diamond backed rattle snake coiled up in the entrance to our
house. It's the reason I bought a shotgun. Also had those
"pygmy" rattle snakes usually as nests in brush and construction
debris. You need more black snakes. They tend to run the
rattlesnakes off. A black snake will eat a rattlesnake.
http://gfretwell.com/wildlife/Blacksnake2.jpg That's OK. You can keep

all
your rattlesnakes, black snakes,fire ants and wild boar down there.
:-)We have rattlesnakes up here but they are very rarely seen. The"Blue
Hills Reservation" here used to be infested with them.-- This email has
been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

Probably still is. I have never seen a live rattler in the wild in
florida. I think i might have seen a flat pigmy on the road the
other day judging by its shape. There's some pretty big black
snakes around here. I measured one shed skin at 4 feet. They
don't bother me much as long as there is some distance between
us.

When working at Cape Canaveral back in mid 60's, I saw several rattlers on the
roads and in the brush on the cape.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Had a friend years ago, who was stationed at a Sage .radar side in nowhere
Oregon high desert. He said the biggest problem was the rattlers loved to
nest under the raised floor of the computer room. So, when you had to pull
flooring to move cables, made an exciting day. They probably used a lot of
CO2 fire extinguishers to calm them down.