John[_6_] John[_6_] is offline

Default Is covid the new tyrant?

On Fri, 1 May 2020 18:16:06 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 5/1/2020 4:54 PM, John wrote:
On Fri, 01 May 2020 14:08:56 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 1 May 2020 09:24:24 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 5/1/20 2:39 AM,
wrote:
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Covid%20Mask.jpg

Yeah it is a small step but most tyrannies start with small steps. It
took Hitler 5 years to burn down the reich stag.

When you let temporary emergencies give the government power to
eviscerate the bill of rights, you are plotting the path to the end of
freedom. This is a bump in the road and we will get over it with a
little social distancing in the biggest part of the country,. You
folks in the fetid cities have your own problems but don't project
them out on us.

Good grief. Loonytarianism at its worst. BTW, if it weren't for the
"fetid cities," you would have spent your post Coast Guard career
raising chickens in your back yard, if you had a back yard, somewhere in
Alabama.

There is something more rewarding in raising chickens than sitting in
an office writing ad jingles or union tracts

Having raised chickens, I can agree with that!

My last duty station in the Navy was in Annapolis. It was sorta a
pre-retirement assignment for a lot of officers and senior enlisted
for whom it would be their last active duty station. Many were
from the general area surrounding Annapolis.

I met several people there who planned to
open a chicken farm once they left the Navy.
I asked one, "Why a chicken farm"?

He ran the numbers for me and it was surprising to me how
lucrative it could be for relatively little effort.

As long as you feed 'em and keep the foxes away, they're pretty easy. We only
had 20-30, not thousands.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!