Default My governor isn’t king..

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 05:32:32 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

I pray with the man weekly, his office is just 9 miles from me.
But you’ll like this article about one of your Union buddies.

https://edgarcountywatchdogs.com/202...iley-and-ecwd/

I doubt many of Spero's electricians have been laid off and even if
they were the union would make sure they got paid.
Around here the trades are looking for people because they are busier
than ever.
The strange thing is the fear mongers want to say we flattened the
curve by being locked down but at least half of the work force is
still working and were never locked down, nor were their customers but
the infection rate is not reflecting that the way it was portrayed
When I am out, I drive by a lot of closed boutique stores and salons
that I have never been in anyway but I see the same number of
"tradesmen" trucks on the road and all of the stores I normally go to
are open, doing a brisk business. Construction seems to be booming.
That stuff never stopped or only paused a little to see how it was
going to go and started back up again.

OTOH if you live in server world or you own something like a flower
store, you are screwed. It turns out, as usual, the government help is
so bogged down in red tape, the only people who can get to the money
are big corporations with a staff that is used to dealing with the
bureaucracy and already have a line of credit with the banks. Most
little businesses have just given up trying.