Default Test Everyone?

On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 19:47:52 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 4/25/2020 7:44 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Listening to Paul Romer, an economics professor and former
former world bank economist.

He wants a $100 million program to test *everyone* in the
US biweekly for the covid-19 virus, realizing that a
person could be negative today but go out and become
infected tomorrow.Â* He is proposing this to make sure
we can "open" the country/economy again.

I think I heard that so far 5 million people have been
tested in the USA and this is after a herculean effort
to get more test machines and test kits distributed.

How the hell does he expect to test *everyone* biweekly
as a condition for people to go back to work?

I am not even sure if it would be legal to mandate the
tests.

Make that "$100 *billion* program, not $100 million.

At this point they would be far better off doing antibody tests. Even
then, I think a sample in different geographies would suffice in the
short term. In a captive population, they are finding that around 80%
of the prisoners in a given prison where this got loose tested
positive and 95% of them had no symptoms.
You have to understand that these are predominantly young men and
smoking is prohibited (for whatever that is worth).
It still might be an indication of what the young to middle age will
present if they go back to work. The problem still seems to be us old
farts.
As for me, I am just going to try to follow the sanitization rules and
take my chances.