Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Test Everyone?

Mr. Luddite wrote:

Listening to Paul Romer, an economics professor and former
former world bank economist.

He wants a $100 million program to test *everyone* in the
US biweekly for the covid-19 virus, realizing that a
person could be negative today but go out and become
infected tomorrow. He is proposing this to make sure
we can "open" the country/economy again.

I think I heard that so far 5 million people have been
tested in the USA and this is after a herculean effort
to get more test machines and test kits distributed.

How the hell does he expect to test *everyone* biweekly
as a condition for people to go back to work?

I am not even sure if it would be legal to mandate the
tests.

A hundred million bucks? About 30 cents a person for all those tests. Oh
how many weeks is this supposed to run? This guy is an economic professor?
No wonder the World Bank has had massive problems over the years.