BOB

Default "New" boat comparison - Bayliner vs Larson

I should note that I'll take these manueuvers and others in anything
larger than six feet. Anythng less, and I can usually travel the
straight course, but that by no means infers that its a relaxing trip.

Besides fuel and other provisions (e.g. food water, SO's tolerance)
needed for the longer cruise. Sometimes its really a judgement call.
Adjust course to increase the variables I've mentioned, or stand on and
take it, and get it over with.

An example, I once took the Trophy in 5-7 foot rollers out of the
Detroit channel almost straight at greatly reduced speed (10-12mph)
because the winds were 50 miles out of my direction of travel. It
meant two hours of discomfort with the only reassurance that the further
you travel the more diminished the weather. It was the repeated as my
Mantra. By the time we got to South Bass, we were in great shape. We
got home to Sandusky withing an hour of a HUGE storm. I'll stand by my
decision to travel the straight.

Bob