Default Testing fallacy

On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 19:29:46 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 09:16:48 -0400, wrote:

The answer for us is still getting the antibodies, either by surviving
the disease or with a vaccine. Anything else is simply waiting until
you get it. The question is not if but when.

===

Exactly right. We were supposed to fly to Italy next month and take a
cruise to the Greek islands. We were looking forward to it but
needless to say that's off the table, perhaps forever. I'm glad we
got in our windjammer cruise and transatlantic Greenland cruise when
we did.

Regarding the Northern Lights, be aware that it is quite rare to see
the full "shimmering curtain" effect. Much more often they present as
just a greenish glow in the northern sky. The spectacular pictures
that you see are usually a result of someone spending half a winter
above the arctic circle and experimenting with time exposures.

I would wait until the conditions are right and fly to Fairbanks. Friend
from DeKalb, IL went on a Northern lights cruise. Did not see any, but
while she was gone, had the lights over northern Illinois.

Our kids say they see them in Northern Michigan and I suggested that
as a "two for the price of one" vacation but she wants to go to
Iceland. As I said, I doubt we are going anywhere for at least a year
because of this covid thing and that puts is in the winter of 22.

I would have been 75 ;-)