Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default Something to consider ....

On 4/18/2020 10:06 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 09:14:29 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 4/18/20 9:05 AM, Tim wrote:

You claim the stats are false so prove it different

Keyser Soze
On 4/18/20 7:51 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

The combined population of:

Italy
Spain
France
United Kingdom
Germany

is 320 million.

Combined deaths of above nations due to covid-19
as of April 18th:

80,384

Population of of USA is 328 million.

Total deaths due to covid-19 as of April 18th:

32,692

This suggests the US health care system,
the Trump administration/Task Force and
the general public are doing a very good
job so far.

Too funny. You ever take a stats course that included sections on
statistical validity? Apparently not. And your conclusion is sadly
hilarious.

No, tim, I am not doubting the reported numbers. I am questioning the
statistical validity of combining them and making a comparison to our
total to date. It's just another data point in my premise that spending
time to put up a well-thought-out post here is a waste of that time.

What would be wrong about that analysis? Simply saying "no it isn't"
makes you sound like a 5 year old.
I seem to remember you were using the Italian experience to predict
the US slope of infection and death not more than a week or two ago.
Well not you, the person you were quoting and passing off as an
original thought.

When cornered, Harry hides behind some mysterious and academic
"statistical" analysis that he can't explain.

A statistical analysis is only as good
as the data it uses ... as we have seen as the Task Force docs
continuously refine theirs.

I had a good friend and business partner. He was German and was
far more educated than Harry, you and I combined holding two
PhD degrees. He was obsessed with statistics (being a mathematical
genius) and applied them in depth to the science he and I were
involved in but also to other personal interests.

He was about my age at the time (early-mid 50's) and started lecturing
me about exercise, diet and the statistical indicators he had
studied regarding developing health problems as he and I grew older. He
was really into it and started eating right and jogging 5-6 miles a day
.... sometimes more.

He died in his sleep one night at the age of 55 from a massive
heart attack.

https://www.avg.com