Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default Libertarians demand...

On 4/13/2020 9:39 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 13 Apr 2020 19:37:04 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 4/13/2020 7:16 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 13 Apr 2020 13:08:26 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 4/13/20 12:53 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
...Libertarians demand medical researchers delay coronavirus vaccine
until they can assure dimwitted Americans it causes autism.

Harry, you have gone over the cliff.

Some prominent libertarians are vociferous anti-vaxxers and of those,
some claim stupidly that the vaccines cause autism.

There are also some vociferous liberal democrats who are very
anti-vax. That doesn't mean everyone is. The Libertarians I have heard
were not against vaccinations, only government mandated vaccination.
The position is not much different than the stance on abortion. It is
none of the government's business.

Actually Greg, it is.

Most are governed by state immunization laws but the Surgeon General
can require them under certain circumstances:

Under PHSA Section 361, the US Surgeon General, with approval from the
HHS secretary, is “authorized to make and enforce such regulations as in
his judgment are necessary to prevent the introduction, transmission, or
spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the States
or possessions, or from one State or possession into any other State or
possession.”

However, PHSA Section 361 forbids any regulation that supersedes state law.

There are exceptions to both state and federal requirements. Depends on
the circumstances.

To start with I am not anti vax.

I would still point out, simply passing a law does not make it right.
Jim Crow was the law of the land for almost a century.
Plenty of things considered normal sex acts could get you jail time up
until very recently and I don't even mean gay sex.
Between the Wilson administration and the Nixon administration,
protesting the draft was considered a "clear and present danger to the
US" as affirmed by the SCOTUS in SCHENCK v. U.S. , 249 U.S. 47 (1919).
I bet Harry thinks that was wrong.

Plenty of laws are wrong.

I was simply pointing out that by law both state and federal
governments *have* the authority to mandate inoculations.

The fact that you don't agree with the law is another matter.

https://www.avg.com