Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Ventilators...Bad news

wrote:
On Thu, 09 Apr 2020 15:14:59 -0400, John wrote:

On Thu, 09 Apr 2020 13:27:23 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 09 Apr 2020 07:47:47 -0400, John wrote:

On Thu, 09 Apr 2020 00:46:11 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 04:39:20 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Wed, 08 Apr 2020 17:32:59 -0400, John wrote:

Once they go the ventilator route, the chances don't look good at all:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...id-19-patients

It may be a hard pill to swallow but statistically we spend a whole
lot of money keeping corpses alive for a few extra weeks, Some never
regain consciousness.
I just hope they honor my DNR.

You have a do not recycle? Where is a body to get Solent Green?

I want to be buried in the yard with my dogs. Whether my wife tells
anyone is up to her. So much of my life is on auto pilot, it could
take a real long time for the government to miss me.

Cremation and burial in the back yard would work well for me.

We have a good friend in the heavy equipment business, I am not that
formal ;-)

I am sure my wife and/or the family would want a more formal affair
tho. My daughter said if we were all buried in the yard, she could
never sell the house. ("Pet Sematary" thing) I said "good".

Same here. My wife wants Arlington. Well, I won't be around, so she can do what
she wants.

I never had the Arlington thing and my father who had a spot if he
wanted it, didn't either. Both of my parents wanted to be scattered in
the water around their home. My father went to the Gulf, my mother
went right off the dock out in back of her home. (her choice)

Like my dad. Ashes scattered on Clear Lake, California. He lived there
for a long time of his retirement. My mom, divorced from dad, still loved
him, wanted her ashes scatter there also, but not in the water. So on a
steep hillside next to the road, overlooking the lake.